4 years ago
BACKING OUR MULTICULTURAL COMMUNITIES IN BUSINESS AND RETIREMENT
The Hon Scott Morrison MP
The Morrison Government will invest $15 million to back multicultural communities to start new businesses and support elderly migrants access aged care services and choose the best options for their retirement.
Australia is the most successful multicultural society in the world and as part of our plan for a stronger economy we are working hard to ensure we remain a strong, prosperous and united country.
A re-elected Morrison Government will invest $5 million to a dedicated Accelerator Support Program designed to help migrants start their own businesses. The Program will deliver grants to organisations for practical business education, development and mentoring to people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to overcome obstacles preventing them from starting a business.
Only the Morrison Government understands small businesses are the engine room of our economy and that the skills and experiences of our migrants are a key feature of our multicultural society.
We also recognise elderly migrant and ethnically diverse communities face particular challenges in understanding the range of options available to them in their retirement and that navigating government services can be daunting.
We know that people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) are less likely to access residential aged care services because of the language barriers they face.
A re-elected Morrison Government will invest an additional $10 million to create a dedicated network of Aged Care System Navigators to assist people from CALD backgrounds and their families to understand the aged care system. The “Navigators” will assist these families to understand options and make the right decisions when it comes to finding alternative accommodation options, securing residential care or Home Care Packages, understanding the financial implications and completing paperwork.
We are a united and diverse Australia and the Morrison Government is working to keep our economy strong, keep Australians safe and keep Australians together.
Our plan will:
· Reward the hard work and enterprise of migrant families and businesses.
· Support those of a migrant, culturally and linguistically diverse background to start their own businesses.
· Deliver better government services to people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
· Support migrant communities to understand what options are available to them after retirement and support services available if they choose to enter aged care.
· Build social cohesion with practical measures that help new migrants and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to engage in the workforce and the community.
· Open up new horizons and opportunities for migrants in regional and rural Australia and grow our regional communities.
· Maintain a migration program that is responsible, generous and geared to Australia’s economic and social advancement.